Sunday 13 February 2011

Losing Weight

I suddenly find I have lost over 15Kg. I hadn’t really noticed. The last time I weighed myself was 2 years ago probably. Now I am 15Kg lighter. I am not sure how? Certainly my appetite is less. I did a lot more physical work while my wife was ill. I don’t cook for myself much. But I have lost weight without realising. I started to feel good about it; being slimmer makes me look better and feel better. It was fat I could well afford to lose and I had done it with no noticeable effort. Surely the best way?

Until today when a friend remarked that my wife would be very pleased. She had been trying to get me to lose weight for years. And it dawned on me that she had to be ill and die before I was able to do it? Now I feel awful about it. It’s a diet regime I can’t recommend to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment